Energy Sector Vacancies
TOSL Engineering Limited has been providing ‘best in class, fit for purpose’ engineered solutions to Trinidad’s Oil & Gas Industry for the past 34 years. In keeping with our vision, we are inviting energetic, dynamic and experienced candidates to join our team in the following position: HSSE OFFICER
- To enforce and monitor all HSSE requirements of the project site ensuring compliance to the company’s HSSEQ-MS in accordance with ISO standard, STOW, the OSH Act and any other legislation.
- To coordinate and execute external HSSE related activities such as audits, meetings and training programs.
- To carry out hazard identification, risk assessments and reporting using the Job Hazard Analysis (JHA).
- To respond to employees, sub-contractors & clients’ queries/concerns regarding HSSE issues by sharing knowledge and encouraging good HSSE practices.
- To collect and log data for all projects (hard copy) with respect to:
- Near Misses
- Accident (including first aid and loss time)
- Corrective/Preventative Action,
- HSSE Training Completed and Outstanding training reports,
- HSSE Statistical Data (Man Hours, LTI’s, Recordable, Near Miss, etc.)
- Medicals – including Health Surveillance
- Issue of PPE
- Safety and safety violation report
- To compile all project HSSE data and submit same so as to coincide with the end-of-month/as per the client’s request.
- To coordinate the implementation of TOSL’s incident prevention programs for all assigned projects.
- To inspect machinery and equipment such as lifting devices, machine shields, pneumatic tools, scaffolding, extinguishers, etc. as required to ensure they comply with all regulatory and contractual requirements.
- To facilitate/coordinate all HSSE training and awareness sessions for project personnel (sub-contractors included).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Five (5) CXC Ordinary Level subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English Language
- PLEA Passport
- TBOSIET Training
- Standard First Aid, CPR and AED
- 10pt Drug Test (3 months old)
- Police Certificate of Character (6 months old)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Access)
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing HSSE related duties
- Experience in the use of the following systems/techniques:
- Fire prevention and protection
- Confined space entry
- Live plant Permit to Work Systems
- In-depth understanding of ISO standards, STOW and OSHAS 18001 systems
- Experience in conducting risk assessments and HSSE audits
- Experienced in accident investigation
- A B.Sc. degree in Occupational Health and Safety will be an asset
All Applications with references and contact information should be e-mailed by:
Thursday 19th July, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to:
The Manager - Human Resources
TOSL Engineering Limited
8-10 Maharaj Avenue
Unsuitable applicants will not be acknowledged
If you are interested in posting a vacancy, please contact email@example.com