Risks are inherent in all working environments. Employers have the responsibility to create and maintain a safe and healthy working place. To do this they need to be proactive and ensure that no one gets injured or falls ill. Risk assessments are the tools that used to identify these risks and help reduce and eliminate them.
This workshop will provide participants with information and create an awareness which will help them make effective decisions that prevent injury and ill-health in their organisations. It will demonstrate the linkage between Risk Assessment, Safety and Health Management and the reduction in injuries and ill-health which are costly to the organization.
To introduce participants to the principles of Risk Assessment
• To outline the basic process of Risk Assessment
• To outline the development of Risk Assessment
• To introduce participants to the concept of Tolerable and Acceptable Risks
• To introduce participants to the law related to Safety and Health and Risk Assessment
• To introduce participants to Risk Assessment Methodologies