This Symposium on the theme "Energy Efficiency" seeks to highlight the potential for Energy Efficiency in Trinidad and Tobago and to explore and benchmark the successful approaches adopted in Canada. Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving Measures can be deployed across many economic sectors and are often the fastest and least expensive way to lessen the economic and environmental costs associated with a given Energy System. Despite the strong potential for Energy Efficiency in Trinidad and Tobago, this development will not occur automatically.
This Symposium is a proactive effort by UTT's Energy Institute and the Energy Chamber to encourage an enabling framework that supports the initiatives and investments needed to allow energy efficiency measures to take hold and prosper. Energy Efficiency is viewed within the broader context of a sustainable energy policy Framework that includes Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Waste to Energy and Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
This Symposium will highlight Presentations by two key sectors of the Energy Economy in Trinidad and Tobago i.e. the Electricity Generating and Electricity Transmission sectors. It will also showcase the work of UTT in Energy Optimization in a Process Plant environment.
Our feature Speaker will share successful Energy Efficiency approaches adopted in Canada. The Symposium will be rounded off by a Panel Discussion and Q&A facilitated by the Energy Chamber.
- Christopher Narine Thomas, Chairman Energy Efficiency and Alternative Energy Committee, Energy Chamber: Topic: From the well head to the wire. How energy efficiency and renewable energy can play a pivotal role in our energy future
- Shawnette Reid, Senior Engineer – Research & Support T&TEC. Topic: T&TEC’s LED Street lighting Project
- Dr Solange Kelly, Assistant Professor Utilities Engineering. Topic: Process Plant Optimization
- Dr Dale Ramlakhan, Asset Engineer, Powergen. Topic: PowerGen’s Energy Efficiency outlook.
- Chuck Faulkner, Director of Services for EfficiencyOne Canada. Topic: Energy Efficiency in Nova Scotia, Canada
Date: Dec 9th 2016
Time: 8:30am– 12:00pm
Location : UTT Energy Campus, Pt Lisas
Registration: Details below
While the cost to attend is free, please register using the form below: