The Energy Chamber invites its members to meet Romer Gil, Senior Manager of Global Operations, NACE International.
NACE International is a worldwide association of corrosion professionals . The organization promotes the protection of people, assets and the environment from the impacts of corrosion. At the meeting, Mr Gil will present on the association and services available to Trinidad and Tobago.
NACE International has developed worldwide-recognized NACE Standards for corrosion mitigation in multiple industries, including oil & gas.
If you are interested in attending this meeting, please fill out the form below. Please note that space is limited and we can only accommodate approximately 15 persons; as such, please submit one representative per company. The meeting is open to members only.
Location: Energy Chamber of Trinidad and Tobago
Time: 9am - 10:30am
Cost: Attendance is free and is open to members only on a first come, first served basis
Who should attend:
Upstream and downstream companies
Energy services companies
Companies that engage in inspection and corrosion services
Please register below
About NACE International:
- Worldwide association for corrosion engineers; membership of 36,000+
- Over 50,000 certified technicians and engineers worldwide (over 450 in Trinidad & Tobago alone)
- ISO relies upon NACE International for the development of corrosion standards for adoption as an ISO Standard. NACE contributes best standard practices, test methods and material selection in the field of protection and prevention of the effects of corrosion.
- NACE International offers the citizens of Trinidad & Tobago empowerment with their training and education offerings for a career-long professional development in the science of corrosion mitigation. As many multi-national corporations require adherence to ISO Standards and NACE Standards, this transfer of knowledge, broadening expertise, and achievement of required certification enables these citizens to fulfill these requirements.
About Romer Gil, Senior Manager of Global Operations at NACE International covering Latin American and Caribbean Area
- Graduated as Metallurgical Engineer in 1980 from University of Pittsburgh
- In 1982, completed Master degree in Metallurgical Engineering from same University
- From 1982 through 2002, worked in the O&G industry in Venezuela for 20 years, in inspection and corrosion control field becoming the Maintenance Engineering Manager for the Eastern Division of PDVSA E&P
- Between 2004 and 2014, worked in the Middle East as Advisor and as Manager for Corrosion and Inspection Department for an LNG facility.
- Joined NACE in 2016 in the Global Operations team.
- More than 30 years of experience in corrosion prevention and control, inspection, standards development, maintenance best practices and technical management.