In keeping with our CSR Committee’s strategic thrust to promote volunteerism and collaboration among the membership we once again take part in United Way’s National Day of Caring 2017. This initiative is the single largest volunteer effort in Trinidad and Tobago where you and your company can make a difference – join the movement ! We challenge companies to spend time and effort with their employees and families to create a spirit of volunteerism where your efforts can make an impact effecting change within your company culture and in your communities.
Listed below aresome projects that are in need of volunteers and resources. Please indicate your willingness or interest in a project. Remember we are looking for collaboration from many companies in the projects - contact Ariane at the Chamber atext. 29 or email email@example.com to volunteer and/or make a pledge and for further details.
Project: Home for the Aged, La Romaine.
Project Lead: Anfield Services Ltd.
Type of work presently being conducted - Construction
- To demolish and remove broken concrete retaining wall.
- Construct a wheel chair access Ramp out of steel and concrete
- To rebuild retaining wall
What is needed:
- One (1) pallet of cement and half sand and half gravel that will enable completion if project.
- The home needs painting both inside and outside – paint and supplies and volunteers is needed
- the yard want cleaning grass cutting,
- additional lighting for the home,
- some wall fans,
- bathroom fixtures.
Project: California Government School
Project Lead: PCS Nitrogen Trinidad Ltd
Type of work presently being conducted:-
- Items for the school’s play park
- Donation of prizes for the annual prize giving ceremony
- Two white boards- 4 feet by 8 feet in dimension
- Paint, painting supplies and volunteers
Project: Couva Children’s Home and Crisis Nursery (CCHCN)
The available projects are:
- Replacement of the Windows. This is a big project.
- Replacement of the Insect Screens.
- Training for Staff
- Repair/Replacement of Cupboard Doors in the Kitchen.
- Plumbing repair works to be done in the office, the boys and girls bathroom. The latter works will require breaking the walls and replacing the tiles after repair.
- 25 gallons oil paint